Social Services Assistant Summary:
Responsible for delivery of social services to residents and their families. Responsible for consultation and direction of Social Services in the skilled nursing facility. Provides orientation and education to all staff on resident rights. Develops, organizes and implements programs, policies and procedures; conducts case work services, discharge planning in conjunction with therapy and nursing directors, and counseling; recommends functions necessary to ensure overall operational viability. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities.
Social Services Assistant Responsibilities:
- Prepares social histories for use by professional facility staff and participates in resident care conferences.
- Assures that social service/discharge planning activities are integrated and coordinated within the facility by effective communication at all levels.
- Develops specific, measurable, realistic plans and objectives which enhance social service delivery.
- Participates in the development and reassessment, as needed of each resident’s social service and interdisciplinary care plan.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform a psychosocial assessment on all residents and reassessments, including adult and geriatric residents.
- Handles problems of adjustment to the long term care facility and maintains frequent contact with residents and their families.
- Serves as an advocate for residents and their families.
- Establishes and maintains working relations with community health, welfare and volunteers groups to promote cooperative assistance in meeting the social welfare needs of residents and families.
Social Services Assistant Requirements:
- Degree in Social Services
- MSW preferred
- Current Social Work licensure in State of Missouri and / or BSN
- Short-term rehab experience required
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Social Services Assistant Pay, Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Earned Wage Advances/Daily Pay – Get early access to earned wages anytime, anywhere. Access up to 50% of your earned net wages at any time during your pay period; small fees apply.
- Shift Differential Pay Available (at participating locations)!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + One Floating Holiday Per Year
- 401(k) plus Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Verizon Employee Discount
- Monthly MVE (Most Valuable Employee) Award
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events
- Discounted Meals (at participating locations)
- Employer-Provided Polo Shirts
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Worksite Benefits such as Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Identity Theft
For inquiries please contact:
Springfield Skilled Care Center
2401 West Grand St.
Springfield, MO 65802
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.