Click Here To Apply: https://secure.ipsonline.net/ta/MGM.careers?ApplyToJob=251790339
Social Worker for Nursing Home Summary:
Responsible for delivery of social services to residents and their families. Responsible for consultation and direction of Social Services in the skilled nursing facility. Provides orientation and education to all staff on resident rights. Develops, organizes and implements programs, policies and procedures; conducts case work services, discharge planning in conjunction with therapy and nursing directors, and counseling; recommends functions necessary to ensure overall operational viability. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities.
- Assures that social service/discharge planning activities are integrated and coordinated within the hospital system by effective communication at all levels.
- Develops specific, measurable, realistic plans and objectives, which enhance social service delivery.
- Ability to perform a psychosocial assessment and reassessment on all residents.
- Performs all aspects of resident care in an environment that optimizes resident safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Demonstrates knowledge of clinical social work and discharge planning.
- With the Administrator, interprets and promotes residents’ rights and the “Residents’ Bill of Rights”.
- Interacts professionally with resident/family and involves resident/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Coordinates and directs Social Service/Discharge Planning Department to ensure resident needs are met and facility policy is followed.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to collaborate in resident care and performance improvement activities. Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Plans, assesses, coordinates and determines the services needed by prospective residents for admission to this facility.
- Works to maximize facility census, implements an effective streamlined admissions process on a 24 hour, seven (7) days a week basis, and ensures a high level of resident satisfaction.
- Conducts tours of facility for prospective residents/families.
- Receives resident referrals.
- Tracks pre-admission referral activity on a daily basis.
- Assist with arrangements and confirmation of all admissions.
- Screens potential admissions to the facility for the following: level of care appropriateness, financial payment source, length of stay and (short- or long-term care).
- Ensures proper completion, signing, and distribution of paperwork.
- Able to expedite assessment and admissions process in an assertive manner. Completes financial
- Maintains working relationships with referring community agencies
- Promotes public relations of the facility to outside community and other healthcare
Pay, Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Earned Wage Advances/Daily Pay – Get early access to earned wages anytime, anywhere. Access up to 50% of your earned net wages at any time during your pay period; small fees apply.
- Shift Differential Pay Available (at participating locations)!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + One Floating Holiday Per Year
- 401(k) plus Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Verizon Employee Discount
- Monthly MVE (Most Valuable Employee) Award
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events
- Discounted Meals (at participating locations)
- Employer-Provided Polo Shirts
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Worksite Benefits such as Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Identity Theft
- Minimum of 6 months of experience working with residents who have Alzheimer’s or Dementia
- Two or more years of previous experience in all aspects of Social Services and discharge planning in a long-term care setting
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Bilingual preferred
- Basic computer skills / knowledge
For inquiries please contact:
South Pointe Rehab and Care Center
5725 South Ross Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73119
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.