Florissant Valley Health & Rehabilitation Center is looking for a Restorative Aide to assist in the provision of restorative or rehabilitative care to residents as appropriate.
Restorative Aide Requirements:
- MUST BE A CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
- MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE (1) YEAR OF LONG TERM CARE EXPERIENCE
- PAST EXPERIENCE AS A RESTORATIVE AIDE IS A PLUS!
Restorative Aide Duties:
- Restorative Aide will assist in the provision of regular resident care as may be directed.
- Provides active and passive range of motion following directions from Physical Therapist/Occupational Therapist.
- Provide personal care to residents in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort. Assist in the provision of restorative or rehabilitative care.
- Notifies appropriate licensed staff when resident complains of pain.
- Performs restorative nursing tasks such as ambulation, range of motion, positioning, self-feeding, etc., within the scope of individuals’ training..
- Observes and reports resident’s ability to ambulate, distance of ambulation and body alignment and gait during ambulation.
- Ambulates resident to the distance specified with nursing assistance and/or equipment indicated and following the care plan.
- Records ambulation on Ambulation Record daily.
- Records muscle strengthening, ROM and ambulation on resident’s interdisciplinary notes monthly.
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning residents, lifting and turning residents, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting in use of bedpan or commode and ambulating the residents.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of the facility.
- Participates in socialization activities.
- Assists resident back to bed, turns and positions resident as ordered and/or as needed, making sure no rough surfaces are in direct contact with the body. Lifts and turns with proper and safe body mechanics and with available resources.
- Treats residents and their families with respect and dignity.
- Performs all aspects of resident care in an environment that optimizes resident safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Restrains residents properly, when ordered.
- Assists in restraint reduction program by reviewing resident’s for restraint reduction and monitors those that have had restraints removed.
- Provides reality orientation in daily care.
Pay, Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Earned Wage Advances/Daily Pay – Get early access to earned wages anytime, anywhere. Access up to 50% of your earned net wages at any time during your pay period; small fees apply.
- Shift Differential Pay Available (at participating locations)!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + One Floating Holiday Per Year
- 401(k) plus Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Verizon Employee Discount
- Monthly MVE (Most Valuable Employee) Award
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events
- Discounted Meals (at participating locations)
- Employer-Provided Polo Shirts
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Worksite Benefits such as Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Identity Theft
For inquiries please contact:
Florissant Valley Health & Rehabilitation Center
1200 Graham Rd.
Florissant, MO 63031
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.