Job Description for Payroll Specialist
If you have experience in finance or payroll processing, we are interest in talking with you about a position in our company as a payroll specialist. In this position, you will work with ADP to ensure that all employees get their paychecks delivered accurately and on time. Your knowledge and experience with payroll taxes and deductions are vital in order to the successful in this role. It is also essential to have a solid understanding of employee attendance procedures and leave arrangements. You will make payroll adjustments, audits, voids and termination checks. You will also prepare payroll reports that detail wages and labor costs to the company
Responsibilities for Payroll Specialist
- Process bi-weekly payroll for employees in the organization for 25 locations including (Missouri, Iowa and Oklahoma).
- Processing manual checks for distribution.
- Follow and calculate all outside wage garnishments requests or judgments when required on an individual’s paycheck.
- Maintain personnel database regarding salaries
- Answer questions regarding paychecks, withholdings tax issues or wage adjustments from employees and help troubleshoot possible issues with pay.
- Report to department supervisor regarding daily activities and issues
- Address and resolve employee complaints relating to the payroll system
- Work with company database programs to process payroll
- Prepare reports to relevant departments about payroll, and other data as needed.
- Multi site management
- Attention to Detail
- Works independently and holds others accountable.
Qualifications for Payroll Specialist
- Four or more years of experience in a payroll department preferably in a long-term care setting
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business or accounting preferred
- Proven experience in a payroll position in a fast-paced environment required
- Strong knowledge of federal and state tax regulations
- Strong knowledge of tax and wage laws
- Good understanding of the common fiscal procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications, and ADP
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Physically able to work seated in front of a computer for long hours at a time
- Good research and analysis skills
Payroll Specialist Pay & Perks:
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
- 401(k) Match
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Worksite Benefits such as Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Identity Theft Protection
- Pay Advance Program
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Onsite Fitness Center
For Inquiries Contact:
477 N. Lindbergh Ste. 310
St. Louis, MO 63141
314-631-3000 ext. 1063
MGM Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.