Assists Nursing Service personnel in the performance of a variety of duties directly and indirectly related to patient care delivery always under the direction and supervision of the professional nurse. Reports the results of all treatments and procedures to the nurse.
Nursing Assistant Qualifications:
- Minimum of high school diploma or G.E.D equivalent.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Nursing Assistant Pay, Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Earned Wage Advances/Daily Pay – Get early access to earned wages anytime, anywhere. Access up to 50% of your earned net wages at any time during your pay period; small fees apply.
- Shift Differential Pay Available (at participating locations)!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + One Floating Holiday Per Year
- 401(k) plus Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Verizon Employee Discount
- Monthly MVE (Most Valuable Employee) Award
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events
- Discounted Meals (at participating locations)
- Employer-Provided Polo Shirts
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Worksite Benefits such as Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Identity Theft
- Reports to the professional nurse when leaving and returning to unit
- Monitor stock of Central supplies and restock clean Utility rooms as needed
- Assist patients in maintaining optimum nutritional status by hydration pass
- Assist residents to and from dining room.
- Assist staff in dining room by passing trays and preparing (cutting) food.
- Work with dining room personnel to ensure that all residents get the correct meals and that all residents are able to eat
- Makes observational rounds as directed by the charge nurse.
- Engage in housekeeping tasks such as replacing linens on beds, cleaning patient rooms and removing and replacing trash bags
- Contact Residents family members as requested
- Wheelchair cleaning
- Accompany residents as needed to various activities and functions.
- Complete required documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate understanding of and utilize proper infection control policies/practices.
- Maintain a clean, safe and secure environment for patients.
- Act in compliance with all corporate, state, federal and other regulatory standards.
- Attend meetings and in-service sessions as directed.
- Notifies professional nurse as soon as possible of situations or circumstances occurring which may interfere with the completion of assigned duties within the designated shift.
- Participate in the quality improvement process by responding appropriately to results of medical records audits, patient satisfaction requirements.
- Will participate in the facility safety program and assist in promoting the awareness of safety issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Nurse Managers to meet the needs of the residents.
For inquires, please contact:
737 North Highway St.
Oakland, IA 51560
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.