Click Here To Apply: https://secure.ipsonline.net/ta/MGM.careers?ApplyToJob=318942273
The Infection Control/COVID-19 Nurse is responsible for providing clinical expertise and support to ongoing COVID-19 response activities. This position will work closely with the Director of Nursing and the Regional Nurse Consultant to provide guidance on how best to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and protect the Company’s employees and the residents at the facilities.
Examples of Duties:
- Works with the COVID Testing process to ensure testing is performed according to proper protocol and resident and staff information is processed appropriately to facilitate quarantine and isolation periods.
- Communicates with residents and staff concerning their symptoms.
- Collects the specimen and processes it with the requested lab.
- Conveys education to residents and staff being tested for COVID.
- Keeps track of volume of test kits, positive and negative COVID results and ensures communication.
- Assist in the planning, organization and direction of Quality Assurance programs and related activities.
- Assist Department Heads and staff in the evaluation of programs and effect changes as necessary to improve programs and assure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the coordination of studies performed within the Quality Assurance program and prepare reports as required.
- Establish and maintain tracking systems for identified problems/indicators.
- Develop and implement appropriate plans of action to correct identified deficiencies as needed.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing forms, writing reports, etc., and submit to the Director of Nursing
- Participate in meetings as directed.
- Schedule committee meetings and notify members of such meetings.
- Assist Departments in developing indicators and follow-up procedures for identified problems.
- Assist in developing a reference library of written quality assessment and assurance material, laws, etc., necessary for complying with current standards and regulations, and that will provide assistance in maintaining quality resident care.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Director, as necessary/required, concerning the operation of the Quality Assessment and Assurance program.
- Participate in the Nursing Administration “On Call” schedule as directed by the Director of Nursing.
- Assist in developing annual auditing schedules for all Departments as well as audit development when identified.
- Assist in the maintenance of tracking logs, incident and accidents, medication errors etc. and monitor for trends requiring corrective actions.
- Assist in the investigation of incidents, injuries, sentinel events, abuse and misappropriation of resident property. Summarize findings and file reports to appropriate staff and agencies.
- Assist in the development and delivery of educational programs revolving around all components of Quality Assurance, including orientation for new employees and programs to address the Quality Assurance process and Regulatory guidelines.
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned.
- Assist in reeducation of staff when developing corrective action plans from completed audits or chart reviews. Insure documentation of remediation and report to Department Head.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information.
- Knowledge of resident rights and responsibilities, including the right of refusal.
- Ensure resident rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage a complaint, are well established and maintained at all times.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Minimum Qualifications:
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a LPN/RN in this state.
- Must have sufficient previous experience in clinical health care including direct experience in quality assurance.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of quality assessment and assurance procedures.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
Licensed Practical Nurse – LPN Pay & Benefits:
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Earned Wage Advances/Daily Pay – Get early access to earned wages anytime, anywhere. Access up to 50% of your earned net wages at any time during your pay period; small fees apply.
- Shift Differential Pay Available (at participating locations)!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + One Floating Holiday Per Year
- 401(k) plus Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Verizon Employee Discount
- Monthly MVE (Most Valuable Employee) Award
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events
- Discounted Meals (at participating locations)
- Employer-Provided Polo Shirts
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Worksite Benefits such as Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Identity Theft
For inquires about this position, please contact:
Regency Care Center
815 High Raod
Norwalk, IA 50211
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.