The Business Office Manager is responsible for achieving cash collection and AR goals for the Facility. Works with other department heads to endure compliance with all financial regulatory and other requirements. Position may also manage accounts payable and payroll functions of the facility.
Human Resources (HR) and Business Office Manager (BOM) Responsibilities:
- Must have Medicaid and Medicare experience in Skilled Nursing
- Long Term Care experience in all payor types
- Assists with Medicaid Pending applications, and works with resident, family, and applicable outside agencies to finalize coverage through Medicaid
- Establishes and maintains a system of financial record keeping, to include issuing receipts, preparing and making bank deposits, and recording payments using proper segregation of duties.
- Interacts with home office billing team and payers to define billing requirements and ensures prompt payment of claims.
- Manages census activities including daily, weekly, and monthly balancing with the nursing and admissions departments.
- You will be the face of the company
- You will be the first and last person people see when they enter and leave the facility
- Responsible for Resident Trust Fund
- Responsible for petty cash and collections
- Must have an understanding of Accounts Receivable
- Must have an understanding of Accounts Payable
- Help with Human Resources duties
- Import time cards from Time & Attendance to the Payroll System
- Process pay rate changes
- Enter employee deductions (benefit deductions)
- Enter Garnishments and Child Support Orders
- Process direct deposits for payroll
- Process and print manual checks for payroll and payroll agencies as needed
- Calculate, report, and submit payroll tax payments
- Prepare payroll entries and import to financial system
- Follow termination procedures when receiving terminated employee information which includes: determining if individual meets requirements for PTO payout, cancel medical/dental/vision and/or voluntary benefits, request COBRA information, if applicable
- Gather information for payroll audits (WC, EEOC, 401K etc.)
- Interacts with residents, family members, staff, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions/circumstances.
Human Resources (HR) and Business Office Manager (BOM) Requirements:
- Experience in Medicaid, Medicare, & Private Pay
- Experience in HR and Office Management Preferred
- Must be comfortable multitasking
- Geriatric and long term care experience preferred
- Accuracy, efficiency, professionalism, and discretion are required due to the sensitive nature of information
Pay, Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Earned Wage Advances/Daily Pay – Get early access to earned wages anytime, anywhere. Access up to 50% of your earned net wages at any time during your pay period; small fees apply.
- Shift Differential Pay Available (at participating locations)!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + One Floating Holiday Per Year
- 401(k) plus Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Verizon Employee Discount
- Monthly MVE (Most Valuable Employee) Award
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events
- Discounted Meals (at participating locations)
- Employer-Provided Polo Shirts
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Worksite Benefits such as Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Identity Theft
For Inquiries Contact:
701 E. Mapleleaf Dr.
Mount Pleasant, IA 52641
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.