Click Here To Apply: https://secure.ipsonline.net/ta/MGM.careers?ApplyToJob=201458841
Director of Nursing – DON Summary:
The primary purpose of the Director of Nursing – DON position is to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of the Nursing Department in accordance with local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.The DON is charged with responsibility to ensure the quality of care is delivered consistently to the resident population.
Director of Nursing – DON Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current State of OK RN License required
- RN, 5 yrs Nursing management experience required
- Valid CPR Certification
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Must be willing to undergo a background check , in accordance with local law/regulation
Director of Nursing – DON Pay, Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Earned Wage Advances/Daily Pay – Get early access to earned wages anytime, anywhere. Access up to 50% of your earned net wages at any time during your pay period; small fees apply.
- Shift Differential Pay Available (at participating locations)!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + One Floating Holiday Per Year
- 401(k) plus Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Verizon Employee Discount
- Monthly MVE (Most Valuable Employee) Award
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events
- Discounted Meals (at participating locations)
- Employer-Provided Polo Shirts
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Worksite Benefits such as Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Identity Theft
Director of Nursing – DON Responsibilities:
- Provide personal care to residents in a manner conductive to their safety and comfort consistent with Company Clinical Policies and Procedures as well as state/federal guidelines and regulations.
- Initiates the development and implementation of policies and procedures that govern the nursing staff in collaboration with appropriate services.
- Responsible for the provision of nursing services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Establish and maintain job specification and descriptions for nursing staff.
- Address and support cultural practices as long as such practices do not harm others or interfere with the planned course of medical therapy.
- Recommend modifications, additions, or deletions to nursing staffing plans to ensure reasonable hours and acceptable working conditions to provide optimal resident care coverage.
- Assure that each resident’s accident or incident is fully documented and reported in accordance with Company Clinical Policies and Procedures and state/federal guidelines and regulations.
- Represent nursing staff on various committees, Infection Prevention and Control, Pain Management, Performance Improvement, and Quality Assurance.
- Make rounds to all nursing units daily.
- Participate in performance improvement functions by collecting and verifying data, as needed.
- Consult other departments, as appropriate, to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the resident’s needs.
- Ensure licensed nurses are able to perform head-to-toe assessments and reassessments on all residents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the geriatric residents and evaluate licensed nurse’s abilities to asses and reassess residents.
- Ability to interpret results of test and procedures; take appropriate action.
- Assess residents on admission and when conditions change and document appropriately.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess residents pain, utilize appropriate pain management techniques, and education resident and family on pain management.
- Interpret test results and take appropriate action on results.
- Promote and support the greatest possible degree of independence for residents.
- Contribute knowledge of residents’ conditions and document observations as required.
- Promote a safe and clean hazard-free environment for residents, family members, and staff members.
- Assure equipment is clean and functional. Report any malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ability to function as a team leader and role model.
- Abide by the Company Clinical policies and procedures for Abuse Prevention.
- Notify physician of changes in resident’s condition and follow through until appropriate action is taken.
- Follow through, as needed, on information given by shift report, resident or family regarding resident concerns.
- Implement plan of care for the resident based on assessments and goals as established by the interdisciplinary care team.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Plan and coordinate with Administrator, utilizing the respective service managers for planning the budgeting requirements for staff, performance of work, supplies, and equipment.
- Responsible for cost controls to insure maximum effectiveness of funds expended from approved department budgets.
- Follows infection prevention and control procedures and supervises supportive staff in infection prevention and control procedures.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Perform other task and duties as assigned.
If you meet the above qualifications for our Director of Nursing – DON position, please apply today
For inquiries please contact:
Forest Hills Care and Rehabilitation Center
4300 West Houston Street
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.