The Compliance Officer will oversee the day-to-day operations of the compliance program that covers multi-state skilled nursing and assisted living facilities. Responsibilities including, but are not limited to, the development and standardization of policies and procedures for compliance, auditing and monitoring, training and education, compliance investigations, and reporting.
Compliance Officer Job Requirements
- At least three to five years’ healthcare compliance/regulatory experience in long-term care setting
- Strong knowledge and understanding of health care compliance programs in the area of developing, implementing, and managing compliance programs
- Background in Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, fraud and abuse laws and health care privacy laws
- Demonstrated ability in compliance, safety and security and policy implementation and/or auditing
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Certifications preferred, but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
Compliance Officer Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures corporate policies are accurate, current and in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Reviews policies and procedures, clinical and non-clinical, company-wide.
- Interprets and disseminates information on regulatory and compliance matters.
- Educates and trains all employees regarding compliance topics.
- Oversees third-party billing audits to ensure compliance with relevant rules and regulations.
- Manages compliance hotline process, which includes investigation, follow up, and corrective action if necessary.
- Conducts internal audits to ensure compliance with Stark, Anti-kickback, Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Waste and Abuse, and other relevant laws and regulations.
- Serves as the HIPAA Privacy Officer; oversee medical record request process
- Oversees the IT Security Officer, or serves that role if qualified
- Analysis – ability to interpret rules and regulations (state-by-state if applicable), and make recommendations to management concerning the same
- Flexibility – ability to remain calm and perform duties accurately in crisis or emergency situations
- Communication Proficiency – ability to communicate in a tactful and courteous manor; possess excellent communication skills and proper phone etiquette
- Collaboration Skills – ability to impart information and instructions clearly and concisely; understand and carry out written and oral instructions
- Customer/Client Focus – knowledge of principles for providing excellent customer service and satisfaction
- This position supervises the facilities’ adherence to the compliance program and the compliance liaisons assigned at the facilities.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Travel as necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Compliance Officer Pay, Benefits, and Perk:
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + One Floating Holiday Per Year
- 401(k) plus Company Match
- Verizon Employee Discount
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Worksite Benefits such as Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Identity Theft
- On – Site Gym
For Inquiries Contact:
477 N. Lindbergh Ste. 310
St. Louis, MO 63141
314-631-3000 ext. 1063
MGM Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.