Certified Medication Tech Supervisor – CMT Summary:
Assists in the administration of medications and treatments to residents in accordance with state law as assigned. May be assigned as supervisor of the shift per facility needs. May direct supervision and training to the individuals who reside in the facility. The supervision may occur in a day services setting or workshop setting also. This supervision and training will vary in degree of intensity based on the needs of each individual. Responsible for providing direct supervision of nursing activities performed by nursing assistants in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Certified Medication Tech Supervisor – CMT Requirements:
- Must maintain current Medication Administration certification.
- Must maintain current certification as a CNA or DDCA
- Obtain and maintain MANDT certification
- Obtain and maintain CPR/First Aid certification
- Experience with Intellectually Disabled preferred
Certified Medication Tech Supervisor – CMT Pay Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Earned Wage Advances/Daily Pay – Get early access to earned wages anytime, anywhere. Access up to 50% of your earned net wages at any time during your pay period; small fees apply.
- Shift Differential Pay Available (at participating locations)!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + One Floating Holiday Per Year
- 401(k) plus Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Verizon Employee Discount
- Monthly MVE (Most Valuable Employee) Award
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events
- Discounted Meals (at participating locations)
- Employer-Provided Polo Shirts
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Worksite Benefits such as Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Identity Theft
Certified Medication Tech Supervisor – CMT Responsibilities:
- Provides direct supervision to Direct Care staff of the shift. The degree of supervision may vary according to the shift assigned.
- Ensures that active treatment is occurring and ADL’s are completed as assigned.
- Provides written schedule of staffing to the Administrator every two weeks or as instructed ensuring adequate staffing coverage for shift.
- Schedules lunches and breaks for staff to ensure adequate coverage.
- Responsible for oversight of daily documentation.
- Supports a positive and professional image through leadership activities that emulate the organization’s mission statement and encourage a spirit of cooperation and teamwork
- Supervises and directs subordinate employees in their work, in the interest of the employer, using independent judgment and discretion, regarding resident care duties. Initiates and executes constructive discipline in accordance with Lake Drive Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Performs resident care responsibilities in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort consistent with MGM Healthcare Clinical Policies and Procedures as well as state/federal guidelines and regulations.
- Administers medications as ordered by a physician under the supervision of a licensed nurse, in accordance with any state and federal regulations and consistent with facility policy.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of “five rights” of medication administration. Administers and records all medication given to residents’ based upon their specific chart.
- Notifies appropriate licensed staff when a resident complains of pain.
- May take and record vital signs of residents as assigned or as may be required by certain medications.
- Records the administration of medications and/or treatments appropriately, utilizing the computer system to enter and reference resident information as needed.
- Answers resident call lights, anticipates resident’s needs and makes rounds to assigned resident under the supervision of a licensed nurse or charge nurse on the shift.
- Observes for and reports any reactions and/or side effects of medications to a licensed nurse on the appropriate shift.
- Performs all aspects of resident care in an environment that optimizes resident safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Support and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Administers PRN medications in accordance with state and federal regulations and consistent with facility policy.
- Reports and when appropriate, records any changes observed in condition or behavior of residents and unusual incidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal Certified Medical Technician – CMT must be a caring, compassionate individual, possess a positive attitude, maintain proper communication skills, be able to react quickly and appropriately to any emergency situation, and have great team working skills.
For inquiries please contact:
Lake Drive Care and Rehab Center
600 Lake Drive
Henryetta, OK 74337
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.