The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) position is to provide each of the assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident’s care plan.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Provide personal care to residents in a manner conductive to their safety and comfort consistent with St. Sophia Health and Rehabilitation Center Clinical Policies and Procedures as well as state/federal guidelines and regulations.
Provide morning care which may include bed bath, shower or whirlpool, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, changing bed linens, cleaning over-bed table and bedside stand, straightening room and other general care as necessary throughout the day.
Provide evening care which includes hands/face washing as needed, oral hygiene, back rubs, peri-care, freshening linen, cleaning over-bed tables, straightening room and other general care as needed.
Report and record any changes observed in condition or behavior of residents and unusual incidents.
Advise supervising staff of resident’s status at beginning and end of shifts.
Assist RN and LPN with treatment procedures.
Prepare resident for meals; serve and remove food trays and assist with meals or feeding resident if necessary.
Assist Resident with the handling of personal property: Dentures, glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, prosthetic devices, etc.
Distribute drinking water and other nourishments to residents.
Answer resident call lights, anticipate resident needs, and make rounds to assigned residents.
Transport residents to and from various departments in the hospital.
Assist in the preparation of admissions, transfers, and discharge of the residents.
Promote a safe and clean environment for residents, family members, and staff members.
Comply with the policies and procedures for safe lifting and/or safe transfer of residents.
Assure equipment is clean and functional. Report any malfunctions to supervisor.
Attend in-service training programs to maintain Nursing Assistant certification.
Perform incidental housekeeping/maintenance task as required to maintain a safe, clean, and hazard-free environment for residents, visitors, and staff.
Ability to function as a team leader and role model.
Abide by the St. Sophia Health and Rehabilitation Center Clinical policies and procedures for Abuse Prevention.
Perform other task and duties as assigned
Pay, Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Earned Wage Advances/Daily Pay – Get early access to earned wages anytime, anywhere. Access up to 50% of your earned net wages at any time during your pay period; small fees apply.
- Shift Differential Pay Available (at participating locations)!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + One Floating Holiday Per Year
- 401(k) plus Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Verizon Employee Discount
- Monthly MVE (Most Valuable Employee) Award
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events
- Discounted Meals (at participating locations)
- Employer-Provided Polo Shirts
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Worksite Benefits such as Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Identity Theft
- State certification as a Nursing Assistant
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English Language.
- High School Diploma or GED
For inquires, please contact:
St. Sophia Health and Rehabilitation Center
936 Charbonier Rd.
Florissant, MO 63031
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.