Click Here To Apply
The overall purpose of the Certified Medication Aide (CMA) position is to administer oral and topical medications to residents. This individual must perform these tasks as ordered by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed nurse, and in accordance with state and federal rules and regulations. Also, must perform routine daily tasks required in maintaining the health, comfort and well-being of the residents.
Certified Medication Aide – CMA Requirements:
- CMT Certification
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Certified Medication Aide Essential Functions:
- Provide personal care to residents in a manner conductive to their safety and comfort consistent with Company Clinical Policies and Procedures as well as state/federal guidelines and regulations.
- Administer medications as ordered by the physician and any PRN medication, under the supervision of a licensed nurse, in accordance with nay state and federal regulations and consistent with facility policy.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of “five rights” of medication administration.
- Observe and report any reactions and/or side effects of medications to licensed nurse on the appropriate shift.
- Properly secure medication carts/medication rooms per state and federal regulations and facility policy.
- Take and record vital signs of residents as assigned or as may be require by certain medications
- Answer resident call lights, anticipate resident needs and make rounds to assigned residents.
- Report and record any changes observed in condition or behavior of residents and unusual incidents.
- Advise supervising staff of resident’s status at beginning and end of shifts.
- Assist RN and LPN with treatment procedures.
- Distribute drinking water and other nourishments to residents.
- Answer resident call lights, anticipate resident needs, and make rounds to assigned residents.
- Assist in the preparation of admissions, transfers, and discharge of the residents.
- Promote a safe and clean environment for residents, family members, and staff members.
- Comply with the policies and procedures for safe lifting and/or safe transfer of residents.
- Assure equipment is clean and functional. Report any malfunctions to supervisor.
- Attend in-service training programs to maintain Medication Assistant certification.
- Perform incidental housekeeping/maintenance task as required to maintain a safe, clean, and hazard-free environment for residents, visitors, and staff.
- Ability to function as a team leader and role model.
- Abide by the Company Clinical policies and procedures for Abuse Prevention.
- Perform other task and duties as assigned
CMA Pay, Benefits, and Perks:
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Earned Wage Advances/Daily Pay – Get early access to earned wages anytime, anywhere. Access up to 50% of your earned net wages at any time during your pay period; small fees apply.
- Shift Differential Pay Available (at participating locations)!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + One Floating Holiday Per Year
- 401(k) plus Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Verizon Employee Discount
- Monthly MVE (Most Valuable Employee) Award
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events
- Discounted Meals (at participating locations)
- Employer-Provided Polo Shirts
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Worksite Benefits such as Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Identity Theft
For inquires, please contact:
1919 Greene St.
Adel, IA 50003
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.