Click here to Apply: https://secure.ipsonline.net/ta/MGM.careers?ApplyToJob=184683790
The overall purpose of the Certified Medication Tech (CMT) position is to administer oral and topical medications to residents. This individual must perform these tasks as ordered by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed nurse, and in accordance with state and federal rules and regulations. Also, must perform routine daily tasks required in maintaining the health, comfort and well-being of the residents.
Certified Medication Tech (CMT) Requirements:
- CMT Certification
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must possess a current license in the state of Missouri
- Insulin Certified
Certified Medication Tech (CMT) Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs resident care responsibilities in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort consistent with MGM Healthcare Clinical Policies and Procedures as well as state/federal guidelines and regulations.
- Administers medications as ordered by a physician under the supervision of a licensed nurse, in accordance with any state and federal regulations and consistent with facility policy.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of “five rights” of medication administration. Administers and records all medication given to residents' based upon their specific chart.
- Notifies appropriate licensed staff when a resident complains of pain.
- May take and record vital signs of residents as assigned or as may be required by certain medications.
- Records the administration of medications and/or treatments appropriately, utilizing the computer system to enter and reference resident information as needed.
- Answers resident call lights, anticipates resident's needs and makes rounds to assigned resident under the supervision of a licensed nurse or charge nurse on the shift.
- Observes for and reports any reactions and/or side effects of medications to a licensed nurse on the appropriate shift.
- Performs all aspects of resident care in an environment that optimizes resident safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Support and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Administers PRN medications in accordance with state and federal regulations and consistent with facility policy.
- Reports and when appropriate, records any changes observed in condition or behavior of residents and unusual incidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal Certified Medical Technician (CMT) must be a caring, compassionate individual, possess a positive attitude, maintain proper communication skills, be able to react quickly and appropriately to any emergency situation, and have great team working skills.
Certified Medical Tech Pay, Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Earned Wage Advances/Daily Pay – Get early access to earned wages anytime, anywhere. Access up to 50% of your earned net wages at any time during your pay period; small fees apply.
- Shift Differential Pay Available (at participating locations)!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + One Floating Holiday Per Year
- 401(k) plus Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Verizon Employee Discount
- Monthly MVE (Most Valuable Employee) Award
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events
- Discounted Meals (at participating locations)
- Employer-Provided Polo Shirts
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Worksite Benefits such as Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Identity Theft
For inquiries please contact:
Oak Park Care Center
St. Louis, MO 63139
Our Facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.