The Activities Director purpose is to provide activity therapy treatment, interaction and socialization to senior living residents in an effort to facilitate optimal physical, emotional and mental health. Develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive activity plan that is continuously improving.
Activities Director Duties:
- Develop monthly calendar of activities; schedule, pre-plan and implement based on facility activity schedule and socialization of residents
- Photograph and submit activity results for social media pages
- Plan and organize “special” activities for residents; including assisting with Marketing events
- Cultivate relationships with referral sources in an effort to generate sponsorships/donations for planned activities
- Coordinate volunteers from a variety of organizations and local groups to work with residents on special interests
- Prepare special snacks with residents
- Set-up the dining room tables for activities
- Clean-up after all activities
- Complete required logs/charting/reporting in a timely manner
- Keeping all activity areas clean, safe and free from clutter
- Assist residents to and from common areas as stated within their care plan
- Work closely with residents to generate participation and attendance at activities
- Assist other departments with residents as needed and required.
- Perform concierge duties as directed
- Weekends, holidays and evenings as required.
Activities Director Pay, Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Earned Wage Advances/Daily Pay – Get early access to earned wages anytime, anywhere. Access up to 50% of your earned net wages at any time during your pay period; small fees apply.
- Shift Differential Pay Available (at participating locations)!
- Paid Time Off (PTO) + One Floating Holiday Per Year
- 401(k) plus Company Match
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Verizon Employee Discount
- Monthly MVE (Most Valuable Employee) Award
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Events
- Discounted Meals (at participating locations)
- Employer-Provided Polo Shirts
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Worksite Benefits such as Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Identity Theft
Activities Director Qualifications:
- Ability to lead facilitated group activities; comfortable working with residents.
- Candidates need to be reliable, outgoing, and enjoy being with the elderly.
- Two (2) years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last five years, one of which was full time in a patient (resident) activities program in a healthcare setting.
- Related experience, with knowledge of psychiatric patient care techniques with understanding of mental illness.
- Basic Computer knowledge for implementation of patient/client information electronic record keeping.
- Must have maintained a driver’s license continuously for the last three (3) years with a safe driving record.
- Must have current state driver’s license.
- Current CPR/CAPE Certifications.
For Inquires please contact:
Normandy Nursing Center
7301 St. Charles Rock Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63133
Our facility provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees; legally-protected characteristics (protected class) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.