Accounts Receivable Specialist Requirements:
- 3 years of Billing experience in a Long Term Care/Skilled Nursing Facility setting
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years in accounts receivable in a healthcare environment; preferred
- Knowledge with Medicare, Medicaid, and Coinsurance
- Proficient in relevant computer software, Point Click Care, Excel
Accounts Receivable Specialist Primary Responsibilities:
- Prepare, bill, and follow up on Managed Care claims ensuring timely and proper reimbursement.
- Bill and follow up on secondary claims associated with Manage Care primary billing
- Post all payments for Managed Care timely and properly, moving copay amounts to the proper payer source as needed.
- Thorough understanding of Managed Care, Medicare, and Medicaid in SNF setting
- Thorough understanding of ADRs (Additional Documentation Request) in both Managed Care and Medicare billing
- Train (initial and ongoing) billing team members as needed
- Maintain up to date knowledge of changes in the healthcare industry that affect SNF billing policies and procedures
- Take on special projects as needed by management
- Coordinate the Triple Check process with assigned centers to assure timely completion for claim submission.
- Submit electronically all claims for State Medicaid weekly, bi-monthly or monthly depending on the payment schedule.
- Submit electronically all claims for Medicare A & Medicare B timely
- Submit all Medicare A & B Coinsurance claims timely.
- Submit electronically all claims for Hospice Medicaid monthly.
- Apply and post all cash related to the Medicaid, Medicare, and Hospice claims.
- Enter all month end ancillaries into the billing software monthly.
- Apply all adjustments sent to home office from the center level.
- Assist in the AR monthly close process.
- Review and work all aging’s weekly
- Resolve any discrepancies through research put forth on the Policy & Procedures of the AR department.
- Provide complete and accurate documentation for any Write-Offs proposed by the Medicaid biller.
- Update the software quarterly or annually any rate changes that are made from the State and to provide said rate changes to the Hospice Providers.
Accounts Receivable Specialist Specialized knowledge:
- Point Click Care system experience is ideal but not required
- Strong working experience using Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of insurance policies and appeals
- Consistently meets individual productivity incentive standards
Accounts Receivable Specialist Benefits:
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
- 401(k) Match
- Medical (Teledoc Included), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Worksite Benefits such as Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Identity Theft Protection
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Onsite Fitness Center
For Inquiries Contact:
477 N. Lindbergh Ste 310
St. Louis, MO 63141
MGM Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class”) including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.